Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Show Season is Drawing Near...

So it's that time of the year again... when all of my friends wonder at whether or not I am still breathing somewhere. I tend to disappear for a few months in the spring as I prepare for show season. This year I will be playing the disappearing act even more so than in past years. Not only is my horse not at my house, she is also two years old and yet to be broke. Yes I foresee quite a few months of staring at roundpen rails and trying with everything I have to avoid being thrown into them. Oh the joys... :) (no really, it is fun!)

But truly, I have a feeling that this year is going to be a very fun show year. I will finally be able to show a super mare; just like I have always wanted. In the two years leading up to this spring, it seemed like time was crawling; waiting for my sweet little Shaylee to grow up. But now that the time is here, and Shaylee is a happy, growing 2 year old, I wonder where all that time went.

None the less, our first show will be a simple little schooling show in Walla Walla on the 29th of this month. I will only be showing her in hand, and maybe riding her around in the warm up pen if she is broke by that time. If not, we will just do halter, maybe a little showmanship, then come home. After that I will begin to gear her towards bigger and better shows throughout the spring/summer/fall. Yay for show season!

No comments:

Post a Comment